- All products are added to your cart.
The filtering unit is a composite material, formed by three natural materials that are clay, sawdust and colloidal silver. Together, these materials have the following characteristics:
The clay creates microscopic channels within the interior walls of the filtration unit and traps all contaminants that exist in the water, including solids, including BACTERIA AND PARASITES.
The sawdust turns into activated carbon during the process, and this eliminates all bad odor, taste and turbidity of the water no matter what its origin (stream, river, well, lagoon or lake).
The colloidal silver is impregnated on the surface of the ceramic filter after it is sewn in the oven. It is a bactericide used throughout the world to purify water and has no side effects. This works as a second protective layer to neutralize contaminants.
The history of Ecofiltro begins with the Guatemalan scientist Dr. Fernando Mazariegos, who, working on a project for the Inter-American Development Bank, accepted the challenge of creating a way to purify water that was effective, ecological and economical.
After an intense study and several prototypes, the Ecofiltro was born, which complied with the three pillars, being effective, ecological and affordable.
That's how it began as a non-profit organization, with the goal of getting potable water to all regions of Guatemala.
Due to its easy use and good taste, it quickly began to become popular at all levels, and that added to the conclusion that the problem of water, (the fact that drinking water is lacking in the rural homes of many Guatemalans) could not be Solved effectively with the dependence on donations, which was when it was decided to convert Ecofiltro into a company with social responsibility.
A "social business" that would focus on a hybrid approach to the problem in which the sales of filters in urban areas would serve to finance the distribution of filters in rural areas.
It was at this time that Ecofiltro S.A. began to design and plan the construction of a new factory capable of producing 8,000 - 10,000 filters per month. The new Ecofiltro factory was inaugurated in April 2012 near Antigua, Guatemala.
Today, Ecofiltro is already sold in most countries in Latin America, the US, Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia. Making it possible for all of us to have access to quality water in our homes without the need to waste plastic or energy.
To ensure proper operation of the filter, you must clean the filtration unit every 6 months.
1. Without removing the filter unit from the container, place the complete Ecofilter in a clean area.
2. With clean and freshly washed hands, place a clean cloth on the table and put the filter unit on it. Never touch the base of the filter, hold it only by the edges. With a new sponge that will be used exclusively to clean the filter, first clean the outside, removing any dirt. Rinse the sponge with water and clean the inside of the filter in the same way. Remember that the filter must be washed only with water. DO NOT use soap or chlorine. Use EXCLUSIVELY a new sponge and water.
3. Place two clean cloths on the table and place the inverted filter on the cloths. Cover the clean filter with another cloth to prevent dust or insects from falling on it.
4.Wash the external parts of the filter (the outer container, lid and faucet) with soap and water.
5. Change the filter unit EVERY TWO YEARS.